Thursday 2 April 2009

April 2nd - Dieting

Since a few weeks I've (seriously) been trying to lose weight. I've never really been thin, but the last year things got a bit out of hand. When I moved out of my mom's house to Utrecht (June 2008) I started gaining weight. Not that my meals were so unhealthy, but I ate snacks like crazy. I developed a serious addiction to Bitterballen (you might remember them from John's video) and ice cream, mainly stracciatella ice creamd and ice cream mixed with crushed chocolate peanuts (so delicious).

The Culprit


So when I finally got myself to weigh myself some time ago I weighed close to 104kg (that's 229 pounds for you non-metric people). Now clearly that is too much. I'm like 1.86m (that's 6'1" for you on-metric people), so that made my BMI like 30, while it should be between 19 and 25. So it was time to seriously start losing weight.

The goal I set myself is quite ambitious. My goal is to weigh 80kg (175 pounds). I started by cutting myself off from ice cream, which was quite difficult. I changed my breakfast from bread to a bowl of granola and milk. I cut down my lunch and started eating fruit as snacks and drinking tea when I feel hungry. I still miss the ice cream and bitterballs, but that is getting less. I also started running again (which I used to do a few years back) and recently I started swimming again. As a result this morning my weight dropped below 99kg (big yay!).

And as an extra motivation I promised myself a Wii when I get my weight down to 80.

My Reward


And if I can lose weight, everyone can (that means you too Rebecca!).

No comments: